With things changing in my work schedule, I will now enjoy the ability to take weekend trips through out the year. For the past three years, I had worked weekends and am now excited to have an opportunity to have my Saturday and Sundays free to roam around Knoxville and take the occasional weekend getaway trip with friends or family members. I have narrowed my options down to my top five weekend (or long weekend) getaways:
1. New York City - this is one city I have always wanted to visit and have never had the opportunity to travel to in the past few years. I hope to take a friend with me for a four day weekend and enjoy the sights and sounds!
2. New Orleans - I love every aspect of New Orleans and have traveled down a few times in the past to visit friends. I hope to travel down for a special event or just to stroll around the beautiful neighborhoods in the city.
3. Atlanta - I just went to Atlanta to pick up my little sister who was down there for a trip and my mother and I loved the shopping! However, we only had three hours to walk around the whole city! Hopefully next time I go I can schedule enough time to make stops at every place I want to see and shop. My top places to stop in and buy things will be IKEA and H&M since Tennessee does not offer either options.
4. Charlotte, NC - One of my good friends from high school currently lives in Charlotte and I had an opportunity to visit her last summer. I loved every part of Charlotte including the NoDa neighborhood. I want to go visit her again soon and be able to revisit many of the places I enjoyed the last time I was there!
5. Chattanooga - This city would be the perfect place for my boyfriend and I to take an overnight sightseeing trip as our first “grown up” vacation. From the aquarium to the Chattanooga Choo Choo to Lookout Mountain, this city is perfect for a small trip with low costs for a young couple to take!
These are just a few of the many places I would love to travel to over the next couple of years, if anyone would like to join let me know! I am an awesome traveling companion!